Tuesday 5 May 2015

Good for Daddy

I've embarked on 4 nights of work this week, the last being Sunday.  In that time my husband has been the one to put her to bed. In the past she has majorly played up for him (when I have been at home) and I've had to take over in order to get her down.... This weekend a whole new story.
My little girl is understanding a little more each day and getting a little bit more grown up, sniff. According to Daddy She now crawls into her co sleeper and actually stays there and Daddy lays down with her and she may have a minutes cry then she is off to sleep! 
Blimey.... Why can't she just stay sleeping now? then our sleep issues are over?! Friday night a 6, yes 6 hour stretch of sleep for Daddy. I try not to get jealous of these stretches of sleep as I get 1.5 or 3 hours maximum. I think the boob is too tempting and definitely to blame but it's not available anymore, so hopefully she may stop waking to have it! 
Only time will tell. 
This week she has also gone to sleep for Grandma on the sofa when told to, I find this amazing as she usually fights sleep like no body's business.  I put Iris to bed Monday night after 4 nights in a row of Daddy putting her to bed and no Boobie.  It took me 15 minutes no Boobie a few tears but then on the co sleeper and off to sleep I couldn't quite believe it and felt smug that it was so 'easy'! Oh how wrong can I be? 
They love to lure you in under a false sense of security and make you believe you actually do have a knack at being a mother and then BAM.,,,,, wake at 10.30 screaming and basically in a tantrum because no Boobie was on offer for what seemed like hours! 
I'm at the point of exhaustion after the past 4 nights of no sleep, so I am in no mood for silly buggers and definitely not in any position for screaming babies trying to claw my boobies. I eventually get her off at some ungodly hour with no boob and she wakes again at 2.30. I feel like crying but, she doesn't cry for long and she is off to sleep again. At 4.30 the fun and games, begin well that's what Iris thought but for me I woke feeling like I had been run over and I wasn't up for playing! I pretty much know I have a battle on my hands when she wakes and starts talking. I find it amazing she can go from unconscious to awake in about  2 seconds flat. I tried getting her back to sleep but of course there is no Boobie on offer - so water and white noise is all she has. She tosses and turns and gives me hope she has fallen asleep, then just wakes right back up again. All I can say now is Daddy to the rescue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment